Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Job Interview- Oh My!

Yesterday I got the call I have been waiting for...  an opportunity to interview for the position of Assistant Principal.  It is interesting to think about how I made the transition from teaching to wanting to do more.  I always thought I might enjoy being an administrator, but because I absolutely love teaching it is hard to imagine really doing anything else, but I think there was a different plan in place for me.  Over the last few years, I have naturally been taking on more and more leadership roles and in turn actually teaching less and less. So now that the opportunity has arisen I prayed and decided that it is definitely time to take action.  Choosing to take this risk of putting myself out there and possibly being rejected is very scary, but I know that it is the right thing to do.  I know because I have been praying and praying for guidance and I have received my answer in no uncertain terms that this is something I should do. It has made me feel even better that so many people around me are praying for the best outcome.   Even my mom said to me, I will say a prayer for you.   So, if you pray, then please include me in your prayers that I may make my family proud and represent myself well.  I know that I may not be chosen and it may not be my time, but I feel good about taking the chance.  If you don't pray, well then you should... no I would never tell you what to do, but hey I need all the prayers I can get. :)

Check out this video to learn more about the power of prayer...


No comments:

Post a Comment